Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Still swinging

Yesterday, all of my classes had lab. I think it was wonderful to get them engaged and see science concepts in action.  My froshmen have labs to work on for the rest of the week, next week I will hit them with a test.  My physics class will be wrapping up a magnetism lab, and I will hit them up with a test, and my chem class started electrolysis, and I will hit them with a test.  Despair, I know.  I feel evil but it must be done.  It looks like im getting some of my students to come around to how they should be working in the class, I wish I could say all of my students know how they are suppose to be working when in the classroom.  Today is the last day of the 3rd quarter, I started here at the second week of this marking period.  I am having a good ride so far.

There should be two ways to reflect on how I am doing,  one mode of reflection is for daily, the other is for overall.  This might be like summa and cumulative grading.  I need to start doing better so that I have a good record overall.  I'm told the first few years of teaching might be rough.  So if I think I am having a hard time with something, I just think, "I'm still a rookie teacher then this is suppose to be difficult!" and then I feel better, no really I do.  Some bad news, I have not officially planned out what the next couple of weeks look like for my students, but I do a mental map of what will happen.  So when crunch time happens, i just pull out resources that will guide their learning when the moment occurs.

Still hanging out here late as ever only almost every night, not every single night like the last few weeks.  I leave, and it's nice, only the disastrous area remains.  Tomorrow night I'll spend time in there, I feel like leaving early today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be formal. If you have the urge to leave an informal message, please just email it to me. Thank You, and thank you for viewing my blog. Your input is appreciated.

JC