Sunday, December 14, 2008

All said and done.

During my last "official" week, I had dinner with my supervisors.  They started off with asking me if I was finished.  I told them that I had to make up for the two days I missed over the semester, so I was going to be there a couple days longer.  There is this lab I want to end on, and the students are almost at reaching that subject.  The response in my head when they asked was a little different:  YOU MEAN ITS OVER?  We talked about my portfolio I had for them.  I have two: one is personal that has any documents, notes, lessons, etc for my class, the other is a final, almost like a professional portfolio of anything I personally have wrote up and is legitimately my work.  The supervisors wished to see a hard copy of my final, even though I can make many digital copies.  They told me that I should get that to them since grades were to be posted the next day at 5pm.  It really was over!  I could not believe it.  The feeling I would tell people was that it felt like I was handed an Honorable Discharge!  The war was over, Im coming home!  Only, I am going to stay, this time to get paid!
It was funny when teachers and students would ask when my last day was, before it was never, now I tell them I finished yesterday!  Yet I still show up.  It is "officially" over for me, but I'm still teaching until I say I am finished.  Which will be this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be formal. If you have the urge to leave an informal message, please just email it to me. Thank You, and thank you for viewing my blog. Your input is appreciated.

JC