Monday, June 1, 2009

It's OVER!!

The finals have been graded, the 2nd semester grades have been entered, my checklist of year-end procedures have been turned in.  Ladies and Gentlemen, I have finished my first semester as a gainfully employed science teacher, and I cannot wait for the next year to begin.  As I have mentioned, I do have a heavy summer load of classes that have crept up on me.  I am waiting on getting accepted to a chemistry inservice that wont cost me anything and will award me another 3 graduate classes.  (recap:  16 total already, 9 this summer for PCK, and 3 for the inservice = 25 grad credits.)  This is both good and bad.  At some schools, i do qualify for a 2nd pay lane of schools, without having this summer load.  If I spend another summer after this year taking up to 5 more grad credits, then I am a volcano of a pay raise ready to erupt once I get a master's degree.  I would jump to lane 1 to lane 4 at my school.  These classes I take right now usually accept me if I have permission from my principal to take it.  They must know what could happen if I get over a 15 or 30 grad credit mark, or even admission into a program that grants a master's degree, which is why I am afraid they will say no and I will not be able to get into one which would lead toward more pay.  Okay, I do get a lot out of these programs other than a chance of a raise, but I do appreciate the benefits of advancing my profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be formal. If you have the urge to leave an informal message, please just email it to me. Thank You, and thank you for viewing my blog. Your input is appreciated.

JC