Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Grades

Mr Campion? How am I failing!? You know I do all of my work!

Yes, you do your work, but not ALL of your work, if it IS your work that you are turning in. I can tell by how well students do on the tests. Let's also consider the nature at which you do the work. Coming in late, having your own conversations with people, interupting my lesson by being constantly reminded to be seated, and then handing in something that serves the equivalent purpose of recycled toilet paper will end you up with something nowhere near a passing grade.

You see what happened there? No, that's alright

What the students will always do when they get something they dont like will be to turn it back on the teacher. Always turn it back on them!

It needs to stay in my mind all the time. It's what the HAVE and HAVE NOT been doing that adds up. Lack of assignments plus poor behavior equals F. It's like this graph I have. Consistency vs. Effort.
As the slope goes up in both categories, the higher the grade. If they are here, they can give the effort. Never works by not being in the class.

Turn it back on them because they have grief that it was them that got this grade and they are trying to put it back on you. They will try with as much effort as possible. If you let them do this. They will do it every single marking period. Game Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be formal. If you have the urge to leave an informal message, please just email it to me. Thank You, and thank you for viewing my blog. Your input is appreciated.

JC