Thursday, February 11, 2010

I better not jinx this...

Overall, I'd say I had a good week. I came out alive on many obstacles, I was able to control the class with less and less effort, and I realized an epiphany for my classroom management: It is what I WANT. I Want this class to be silent right now, I Want you to work on the assignment. I Want you to pass. Its working for now.

I got observed by one of my department chairs. "You did better." I am going to take that as a compliment. That does actually mean a lot to me. I need an observer from the other department I am with, as well as my principal to observe me. I think it will go well.

My team teacher is fantastic. A physicist and a mathematician are getting along... for now. It's great when we are showing our styles to the students. I am seeing it as how Teachers from different fields take on a task, but unfortunately I think our students are seeing it as how a guy and a girl teach math.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be formal. If you have the urge to leave an informal message, please just email it to me. Thank You, and thank you for viewing my blog. Your input is appreciated.

JC