Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's still Tuesday!

So today was kinda rough. It was a little hectic with the overwhelming events happening this week. So many times I caught myslef realizing, it's only Tuesday! Groundhog Day, Primary Election Day.

There was an incident I felt I couldn't control. Some girls were being downright mean. Phone calls were made, hardly any of them got to an actual person, and the victim has a lineup of defense to spread a football field, and I had to calm all of them down. Tomorrow will be a new day, and I will be able to act better IF the same situation were to arise.
I actually do not feel as bad as I did several hours ago. I finally got out of that building with a positive note about my equipment getting delivered that I need for tomorrow, and I got all the copies setup and prepared ready to kickstart the day. I've done some but not all of my grading, and I think I will get a good night's rest hopefully soon. This counting blessings moment helps.
I saw other teachers teach today. They are amazing. It's not that I want their style, I just want to do better with my students than I already am doing. Even the students that are trouble can be good students. I wish to see that side soon from them. The only feeling I share with those who are offering to help change my style of teaching is fragile stubbornness, I do have my own track of doing things, but it takes a lot of time, and then some more time, and then a lot of effort, to get on a new track. In a physics sense, my momentum is huge once I get started, but then to change takes even greater amount of force to change the momentum. I hope that makes sense.
As far as anything else goes, my only fear is to poison the young minds with useless information or at most, misguided information.

What is neat though from the other day with my team teacher, I sat back and watched her teach. I realized, I teach like a physicist! Utilization of brute tactics to have physics drive the math when solving any type of problem. I dont skip steps, but I do just lay it out and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be formal. If you have the urge to leave an informal message, please just email it to me. Thank You, and thank you for viewing my blog. Your input is appreciated.

JC