Monday, September 22, 2008

Mindset

You want to have the ability to speed up their learning from what you would think they know and how they should apply it to the new concepts.

I would not walk away from a student without telling them everything they need to know to solve a problem or realize a natural phenomenon, i just want them to figure out the last step. I crack up at them when they shout at me to give them the answer. They are responsible for their own learning. It takes a lot for them to understand that, but unfortunately I am afraid they wont realize it until later in life. My mentor told me that I have a lot of patience. Now I need structure and Guidance. The motivation portion of teaching has come in waves for me. The ISPP incident gave me another lift when I thought I was alright. As long as I get enough rest and time with people outside of the school, then I'm set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be formal. If you have the urge to leave an informal message, please just email it to me. Thank You, and thank you for viewing my blog. Your input is appreciated.

JC