Tuesday, September 9, 2008

These days will happen

At least it was very nice and sunny today. You want to have a nice sound system of support for your school and pretty much the contact numbers are invalid or disconnected from a person's emergency info. No one was seriously hurt but an urgency to contact a parent was very necessary. This is not the first this has happened. I hope it is not the parent's intention to leave no way of getting a hold of them if anything were to happen. I had a first full Physics Course Plan Committee Meeting with the principal as a special guest. It was only the second week of school, he was there just to see how things go. However the repeated reminder from him that the administration makes to all course committees was made. "We know, we will try to incorporate that into our course" even though it's a skill you build in a High School English course to learn how to write a paper. Writing a few lines for a lab report is the best they can do as of now, if I'm lucky. There are some great students in the class. One unfortunate thing I've done so far is memorize the name of all the students who cause problems. I should have all of them down by the end of the week if I work on it properly. As for the student teaching pace, I may be a little behind schedule as well. All I have to do is teach one lesson to one class. Once I understand the curriculum of any of the classes for the week, I will let the mentor know where I want to jump in and do it the way I would teach it, along with modifications that go along with school regulations, resources, etc. Soon I would have to continue with making lessons for an entire class, then another class, so on and so forth until I am teaching all the classes that I have been observing. Hopefully all of the students kinks have been worked out before it is my turn to get to them, Just kidding, the kinks never get fixed, but you know how to delay their problems. More later.

JC

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Campion,

    Continue to do a good job. Please remember that the
    FB/TIP is here for your support.

    Get a release. Come to the FB/TIP Office to get a CAMERA to DOCUMENT your Experience.

    Professor Connell

    ReplyDelete

Please be formal. If you have the urge to leave an informal message, please just email it to me. Thank You, and thank you for viewing my blog. Your input is appreciated.

JC