Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Student Teaching Blues

I've heard some terror stories for student teachers, this is scary for me in the non-frightening crash course way. Some student teachers have all their worked dumped on them after the first week of school. I am on the fifth week feeling very calm and at ease, and am just waiting for this huge task to be presented to me that would carry on and take all the energy out of me until the end of the semester. I get to be in charge of the classroom occasionally. Hopefully I am on the start of being in front of the classroom more and more. Yesterday went very well going over vectors, but i was in front of the class for only 2 periods. Eventually I will be in front for all the periods, I just not sure when. Fortunately the classes are all the same, except the very first period (Physics II) . CSU told me it alright not to add that class to the list but at least get practice working on that class as well, which I am totally for, because eventually I would be teaching those topics as well. Everything outside the class: grading, attendance, documenting, etc. I am a whiz with or have almost reached proficiency in. There will be days coming up where my mentor will be absent for important meetings downtown. Guess who gets to run the entire day! I might get some observation done that day for the periods I am off, just to be able to point out what I should be doing, or how I should be addressing students whether it is behavior, demonstrations, or lead discussion. When I first started writing this entry, I was a little worried about my progress as a student teacher, but after talking with CSU and a few others, I feel a little better, but that doesnt mean I have time to relax, it means I have to stay on task.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be formal. If you have the urge to leave an informal message, please just email it to me. Thank You, and thank you for viewing my blog. Your input is appreciated.

JC